I love an excuse to eat comfort food, even in the summer. With these rainy, chillier nights that keep popping up unexpectedly, you may find yourself craving something warm and hearty, but with a summery kick.
This avocado-lime mac n’ cheese is the perfect blend of rich, cheesy goodness and light, summery flavors from the fresh cilantro, lime, and avocado. It’s perfect after a long day at the beach or on a simple, cozy night in. Plus, it’s ridiculously easy to make and doesn’t break the bank, either.
Serve it up with a side salad or leave it on it’s own — this mac will keep you full and satisfied all summer long!
*Recipe adapted from the awesome blog, “Two Peas and their Pod”
- 10 oz dry elbow macaroni (I used Banza chickpea elbow macaroni — really good and filling)!
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 wedges of Laughing Cow swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh avocado chunks, for garnish (optional)!
1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Combine avocados, lime juice, cilantro, cheese and seasonings in a food processor or blender until it has a sauce-like texture.
3. Pour sauce over cooked mac and stir until combined — get it while it’s hot!
C&K Readers: Share your favorite kind of mac and cheese! Do you like it extra cheesy? With bacon and tons of add-ons? Or how about totally vegan?